When you sign a check on the bank, it means that you have endorsed the check. Once you endorse a check, you improve the security and banking capability of the check. In this article, you will learn how to endorse a check to someone else for mobile deposit. However, before that, we will share with you a general idea of how to endorse a check. Hence, to learn more, read on through to the end of the article.
Endorsing A Check: A General Overview
According to Investopedia,
“Signing a check on the back is referred to as an endorsement. You’ll typically have to endorse a check to deposit it in your bank account or to cash it, but how you will do so depends on the type of check, how you’re depositing it, and how you want to use the funds. The endorsement is necessary for the issuing bank or financial institution to transfer the funds associated with the check in most cases.”
Basically, once you sign a check on the back, you will be able to endorse the check. Here, once you endorse the check, you will be able to significantly improve your banking security. However, the type of endorsement you are dealing with depends a lot on the deposit you are making. Apart from that, there are certain types of endorsements that are subject to some rules made by your bank.
Here are some of the major aspects you will need to keep in mind if you want to endorse a check:
- Make sure the information available in the check are accurate and the amount is correct. Furthermore, you must cash in a check as soon as you can.
- If the check has a list of two or more people, anyone can endorse the check. Hence, you must first decide who must endorse the check. The one who signs on the back of the check will be responsible for endorsing the check.
- Make sure you are endorsing the check from the right location. You will find the location of the box at the top of the check.
- You will need to sign your name on the back of the check with ink, not pencil. However, if you make a mistake with the signature, sign again below it.
How Does Mobile Check Endorsement And Deposit Work?
According to the Forbes Advisor,
“Mobile check deposit can make adding money to your bank account quick and easy, without having to pay a visit to a branch. If your employer issues paper paychecks, you receive checks for rebates or refunds, or someone pays you money they owe you via a personal check, you can simply snap a photo of the check to deposit it using your mobile device.”
You can endorse a check with your mobile with the help of a mobile check deposit tool. Here, instead of depositing your check(s) at a nearby bank branch, you can add the check to your account using your mobile phone.
The types of checks that you will be able to add to your bank account using your mobile include personal checks, cashier checks, business checks, and checks issued by the government. However, it depends on your bank or credit union whether they allow mobile check deposits or not. Hence, you will need to confirm with your bank or credit union before using your mobile for check endorsement and deposit.
One of the major advantages of using a mobile deposit option is that you can deposit the check from the comfort of where you are at the moment. Furthermore, there is also better security involved in the process.
How To Endorse A Check To Someone Else For Mobile Deposit?
Chime.com adds –
“Mobile deposits are a convenient way to deposit paper checks immediately with mobile banking. Using the bank’s app, you can scan the front and back of the check with your phone’s camera to deposit it into your account. However, you should know how to endorse a check for mobile deposit so you don’t run into any issues.”
A mobile check deposit and endorsement works with the help of remote deposit capture technology. Here, you will need to take a photo of your check. Here, you will just need to use your phone the way you scan a photograph or a document to send it digitally to a receiver.
Learn How To Endorse A Check To Someone Else For Mobile Deposit
The following are some of the major steps that you need to take if you want to endorse a check to someone else for mobile deposit:
- Make sure that the information on the check is correct and accurate. Here, you need to check the correctness of names, account number, errors, signature, date, etc.
- Inscribe your signature on the back of the check, which is the endorsement area. You will also find a grey line under the check that says, “Endorse check here.” The endorser of the check is the one who receives the money for the check.
- Make sure you sign with blue/black ink on the check. You cannot use a pencil to sign on the back of the check.
- As you are endorsing your check with the help of your mobile, use a restrictive endorsement like “For mobile deposit at [Bank Name] only.”
- Follow the mobile endorsement steps on the banking app or site. Here, you will need to click pictures of your check and submit the picture through your account. However, make sure there are no errors in the picture taken.
Hope this article was helpful for you in getting to know how to endorse a check to someone else for mobile deposit. Here, before you submit the check for cashing in the money, make sure that the information on the check are accurate. However, before you use mobile deposit and endorsement option, make sure your bank allows it.
Do you have more information to add this? Consider sharing your information with us in the comments section below.